If you are looking for a motor vehicle, the first place to start is by researching the recommended vehicle auction companies in South Africa. You will undoubtedly find something that suits your needs if you look at the right auction companies.
In today’s fast paced world where everyone has a million things to do and a million places to be every day it is essential that we each have a reliable mode of transport that we can trust to get us to where we need to be safely and efficiently. Unfortunately, because we live in a consumerist society, you can be sure that anything worth having will be costly and vehicles are no exception. There is a huge demand for good quality vehicles at a good price and making sure that you find a reputable dealer will help you find the right vehicle.
Why you should buy a repossessed vehicle over a brand new or second hand
Buying brand new
Buying a first hand vehicle is usually preferable because of the following reasons:
- New cars will have a longer life span than older cars
- New cars will generally have warranties and service plans which will help save you on maintenance and repair costs
- New cars will not have dubious pasts that you are unsure of
However, brand new vehicles are incredibly expensive and will generally require you to take out a loan with a financial service provider. Many people are not able to afford the loan payments and getting a car loan for a brand new vehicle will be incredibly difficult for them.
Buying second hand
If you are unable to afford the high payments on first hand vehicle loan fees, you could always look into second hand dealerships to see what they have to offer. Although the prices will be better at second hand dealerships, there are several downsides to shopping for second hand cars. These potential difficulties include but are not limited to the following:
- Second hand dealerships are often known to be dishonest. There are many cases where cars are sold under false pretences and new owners are left with vehicles that are older than they believe them to be, and with problems that mean high bills for repair.
- If you find a second hand dealer that you can trust, you will still never know the true past of your second hand vehicle. There might be wear and tear that the dealer and yourself have missed and you could still find yourself with break downs and damage that you will have to pay for.
- Second hand cars do not often have warrantees or service plans and you will have to cover all maintenance and repair fees yourself.
Buying from an auction
Choosing a car from a repossessed vehicle auction might be your best option for the following reasons:
- Repossessed cars have usually been taken from their first owners when they find themselves unable to afford their loan payments to the financial service provider that financed their purchase. The bank will generally auction the vehicle off to make back their money. Because of this, the vehicles from auctions will usually be quite new.
- These vehicles might still have warrantees or service plans intact which will save you money.
If you are going this route, it is a good idea to find recommended vehicle auction companies in South Africa to ensure that your sale is legal and safe.
The following are several recommended vehicle auction companies:
The SAIA is an institute that aims to maintain ethics, responsibility and respect between auctioneering companies and customers. The institute looks out for the best interests of both the auctioneers and the potential customers to ensure that everything is done the right way. It is wise to ensure that the auction company you choose to buy from is a member of the SAIA.